Did you know the average US adult spends 1 hour and 20 minutes every day watching digital video?
Online video has grown quickly over the past year. Today, most brands need to produce video content.
As with any other marketing tool, we need to recognize that we are moving towards what works today. Following the trends, as it were.
Video has other benefits too of course:
- Customers love video. When given a choice, over 70% of people prefer video.
- Video allows you as a brand to create a more personal connection.
- Sharing is much higher. A majority of consumers consider sharing videos.
- Use videos for training purposes for better knowledge transfer.
Don’t forget, as more people are cutting the cord at home, they will turn to a variety of online video sources. While Netflix, HBO and company will likely get the lion’s share, channels as YouTube will undoubtedly receive a fair share. Brands that are there can pick up a valuable viewership.
Video can feel complex. However, its fundamentals are the same as most marketing. As brands, we need to create:
- Engaging content that resonates with your target audience.
- Believable, honest content that can be shared.
- A personable voice that viewers can relate to.
- Interest-retaining pieces that keep viewers watching.
In short, brands face the same challenges in video as most other marketing. Videos can be extra tough because the effort to create them is higher.
Jump on the bandwagon early and you can reap the extra rewards. It will be worth it.
This post originally was sent as the august edition of our insights newsletter to our clients. Sent once a month, it gives our clients the condensed, key insights that they need in digital marketing.